I published quite a few papers on the true Christianity that was created by the Jews as realization of their mission of the Chosen people – a mission to bring everybody to the life by Torah. In those papers I called upon the Jews to strengthen Judeo-Christian collaboration in spite of many sins the gentiles committed against us in the name of Christianity, and in spite of the fear by many traditional Jews of Jewish assimilation under the influence of Christian ideas. I have been making a point that Jews are assimilated not as a result of Christian influence but rather as a result of not seeing a good Torah-based guidance for their real life in the non-Jewish environment.
In the modern times the Jews live in two realms – one of them is the Jewish family and community; the second one is the life in a much greater non-Jewish world (economics and politics, science and technology, war and peace, etc.). Our rabbis and social thinkers provided good Torah-based guidance for living by Torah for the first realm while leaving the second realm practically unguided. Unguided in the real life of the second realm, some Jews are losing connections to Judaism that lead to potential assimilation. What to do? Obviously – to create the Torah-based guidance for the second realm. Let’s hope the rabbis recognize this.
Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate and a true Christian, recently delivered a speech to the Jerusalem Foundation. The speech clearly indicated many spiritual fundamental connections between a true Christian and a true Jew. And here is a list of those connections from the Romney’s speech.
- “To step foot into Israel is to step foot into a nation that began with an ancient promise made in this land” – and the promise is that God gave this land to Israelites and made this land the Promised Land for the Chosen People.
- “Jerusalem is the capital of Israel” – and it’s so because God decided thus.
- “for an American abroad, you can’t get much closer to the ideals and convictions of my own country than you do in Israel” and “Israel and America are in many respects reflections of one another” – since both countries are established on the morality of the Ten Commandments and their numerous practical interpretations.
- “It is my firm conviction that the security of Israel is in the vital national security interest of the United States” and “We have a solemn duty and a moral imperative to deny Iran’s leaders the means to follow through on their malevolent intentions” – and that’s confirmed by our mortal enemies the islamists who proclaimed their intention to eliminate from the earth both the little Satan (Israel) and the great Satan (USA).
- “A free and strong America will always stand with a free and strong Israel” – since both of us escaped the spiritual slavery to follow the God’s commandments in freedom (the Jews escaped from ancient Egypt while Americans escaped from authoritarian England).
- “May God bless America, and may He bless and protect the Nation of Israel” – since the founding principles of USA and Israel are based on moral principles of One God presented in Torah-Bible.
The intellectual interpretation of Torah let’s easily arrive to the conclusion that the true Christianity is the true friend of the Jewish people while the traditional interpretation is having difficulties in acknowledging this.